First Aid Staff
July 2 – August 3, 2012
Camp Whitney is an accredited United Church camp (United Church of Canada and Alberta Camping Association) that gives campers between the ages of 6 to 15, an opportunity to explore their relationship with God, with nature and with each other. Campers reside in rustic cabins with up to 8 campers and one counsellor. First Aid Provider is responsible for maintaining First Aid Supplies and administering medications to staff and campers. The First Aid Provider meets with parents and campers at registration to receive medications, and is responsible for dispensing medications and for day-to-day first aid concerns and treatment. The First Aid Provider will also maintain confidential and complete records of all First Aid activities as prescribed by United Church and Alberta Camping Standards. As part of the staff team he/she works together to ensure a safe and fun environment for campers. He/She would be expected to refer child on to further medical care if injury/illness is outside of his/her knowledge base. Nearest hospital is ~30 minutes from our location in Elk Point, AB. Maximum 36 to 48 campers at each camp over 5 weeks. If you enjoy being in a fun-filled environment working closely with children in the great outdoors, we encourage you to apply.
Minimum 18 years or older
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Minimum Standard First aid and CPR-C (training may be provided if require certification)
- Criminal record check will be requested upon hire
- Potential use of personal vehicle to transport campers for further care; reimbursement given
Terms of Service
- This position is a volunteer position.
- Accomodations with room and board are provided.
- Sunday to Friday afternoon each week of camp; weekends off