Camp Whitney is an accredited United Church camp (United Church of Canada and Alberta Camping Association) that gives campers between the ages of 6 to 15, an opportunity to explore their relationship with God, with nature and with each other. Campers reside in rustic cabins with up to 8 campers and one counsellor.
The camp counsellor will be host for cabin group of 6-8 campers.
- Working in a team environment. This may include mentoring a counsellor in training to assist with cabin duties.
- Overseeing the emotional and physical welfare of campers
- Creating a safe environment
- Leading activities for campers
- Encouraging a fun, cooperative and God centred experience
- Accompany campers to activities
- Familiarizing yourself with health concerns of campers
- Being outdoors
Staff stay on-site for the duration of each camp, sleeping in cabins with assigned camper group. If you enjoy being in a fun-filled environment working closely with children in the great outdoors, we encourage you to apply.