July 1 – August 2
Camp Whitney is an accredited United Church camp (United Church of Canada and Alberta Camping Association) that gives campers between the ages of 6 to 15, an opportunity to explore their relationship with God, nature and each other. Campers reside in rustic cabins with up to 8 campers and one counsellor.
Duties of the Volunteer First Aid Provider:
- Responsible for maintaining First Aid Supplies
- Dispensing and/or administering medications to campers and staff
- Meet with parents and campers at registration to receive medications
- Day-to-day first aid concerns and treatment.
- Maintain confidential and complete records of all First Aid activities as prescribed by United Church and Alberta Camping Standards.
- Work as part of a team to ensure a safe and fun environment for campers.
- Refer child or staff to further medical care if injury/illness is outside of knowledge base. The nearest hospital is located in Elk Point, approximately 30 minutes from the camp.
There is a maximum of 36 to 48 campers at each camp over 5 weeks. If you enjoy being in a fun-filled environment working closely with children in the great outdoors, we encourage you to apply.
Minimum 18 years or older
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Minimum Standard First aid and CPR-C (training may be provided if require certification)
- Criminal record check will be requested upon hire
- Potential use of personal vehicle to transport campers for further care; reimbursement given
Terms of Service
- This position is a volunteer position.
- Accomodations with room and board are provided.
- Sunday to Friday afternoon each week of camp; weekends off